OSUN integrates educational and civic engagement activities and objectives with a commitment to produce and disseminate advanced knowledge as a public good. The OSUN Global Institute of Advanced Study (GIAS) is a dedicated vehicle designed to support the research component of OSUN’s mission. It will promote the integration of research throughout the entire network and its activities.
GIAS seeks to:
- Produce advanced new knowledge in areas of relevance for OSUN’s mission, in particular in the social sciences, humanities, public policy, law, and management, in dialogue with the arts and natural sciences
- Stimulate research activities and promote capacity building for world-class research for the benefit of those member institutions of OSUN whose current focus is primarily on teaching and which have limited capacities or opportunities for engagement in collaborative research with international peers
- Take a global approach to its key themes and scope of collaborations
- Promote research on subjects that are locally informed and have a bearing on the issues of the communities in which OSUN institutions are embedded
- Benefit from the tradition of scholarly excellence and resources within the network and engage world-class scholars from other institutions who are interested in contributing to OSUN’s research agenda
GIAS will be announcing its inaugural Fellowships in early 2021
Check this page frequently for updates.