Network Collaborative Course
Call for Proposals: Network Collaborative Course Initiative's Open Educational Resources (OER) GrantTo further advance access to essential resources for faculty and students, the OSUN Network Collaborative Course Initiative is issuing a call for project proposals for Open Educational Resources (OER).
Open Educational Resources are free and openly licensed educational materials that can be used for teaching, learning, and other purposes. OER provides affordable resources for students to further their learning and allow faculty to enhance their own work and access freely available content for their classes. Examples of OER can include a range of materials such as articles, textbooks, presentations, case studies, and instructional videos.
Preferences will be given to projects focused on materials used in OSUN courses.
The OSUN NCC initiative seeks proposals whose outcomes include:
- Original OER creation for existing NCC courses and for use by the OSUN community in general, i.e., ancillary materials intended to enhance teaching and learning, such as articles, lectures, textbooks, or catalogs.
- Submissions prepared in collaboration across campuses and disciplines as well as individual submissions with a focus on areas of expertise.
- Innovative materials focusing on NCC best practices that provide pedagogical support and professional development for NCC faculty and staff (e.g., assessment tools, research on OSUN courses and/or pedagogy, course design).
Compensation will be determined based on the scope of the project proposed. We anticipate most proposals being no more than $2,000 although larger projects are welcome and will be decided on a case by case basis.
Any material created, adopted, or adapted should adhere to OSUN university-wide accessibility standards and will be hosted on OSUN-affiliated platforms. The OER will be licensed under the Creative Commons.
The proposed OER project must be reviewed and completed by August 31, 2023 for use in OSUN courses and/or workshops during the 2023-2024 academic year and onward.
The following information should be gathered for the proposal:
- Description of the OER project and its potential impact
- Name/s of partners (faculty, staff and/or students) participating in the creation of OER
- Medium of OER
- Intended use of OER
- The disciplines and/or title of OSUN courses the OER will support
- OSUN themes the OER relates to
- Estimated timeline for completion
Submit proposals by December 9. Accepted proposals will be announced in January 2023, with development of OER happening from January to August of 2023.
Deadline to submit is December 9
Cross Reference: Call for Proposals,Opportunities,Network Collaborative Course
Deadline Expired on December 9, 2022